Monday, February 2, 2015
25 Quotes From Bitter
My publisher Merpati Jingga has done their job - publishing my book, Bitter. Now it is my job to promote the book Bitter. So I am highlighting 25 quotes from my book Bitter. Currently, my book Bitter is selling at Pesta Buku Selangor, till February 8. Grab a copy of Bitter at Rm 21. Enjoy these quotes.
1) We are not meant to love one person for the rest of our lives.
2) It is not every day you get a chance to paint a man who hanged himself.
3) Some people will see what I have done as cruel and utterly mad.But most people don’t understand that every great art must have a touch of cruelty and madness.
4) Tragedies have shaped some of the best artists in
the world. You should make good use of your tragedy.
5) I was depressed. I missed my husband. I missed my friends. I
wanted to kill myself. But killing yourself is not easy. You need tremendous strength to end your life
6) Give a man a fish and you will feed him a day but give him religion and he will starve to death while praying for a fish
7) Save your tears, Madam. This is only the beginning of your tragedy. You have more tears to shed.
8) She should understand nobody should be put on the pedestal of perfection. Not even God.
9) You are too beautiful to belong to one man. You should become a prostitute.
10) I learned that there are some enemies you cannot defeat in fairness. You have to stab their back
11) When you have no friends, you must have books to keep you company.
12) Never underestimate anyone. Everyone has the potential to be a vicious murderer, including your own mother.
13) I always tell the truth even when I lie.
14) Why are you so obsessed with the truth? My darling, the truth is overrated. The truth is not important
15) Slowly, I was beginning to hate the woman I love. What do you do when you hate the woman you love?
16) It is a job of every son to make his father happy.
17) I told you that the Devil will not let us down.
18) I should have known there are some mothers you cannot trust.
19) My parents soon learned a bitter lesson that kindness is not always rewarded with kindness.
20) God is my enemy. If you love God, then you are my enemy, too. And my enemies are not welcome in my house.
21) They saw what they wanted to see. They heard what they wanted to hear. They smelt what they wanted to smell. They believed what they wanted to believe. The bitter truth was not important to them.
22) Madness is necessary when you cannot handle the truth.
23) We could have been happy. Why did you choose sadness?
24) Sometimes, to be truly happy, one needs to be a little selfish.
25) She taught me what love is. After her, I cannot bring myself to love anyone else. Love begins and ends with her.