My publisher Faisal Mustaffa of Merpati Jingga has informed me that my book Doubt has gone for second printing . As a writer for the book, one of my job is to promote my own book. So I am highlighting some interesting quotes from my book, Doubt. Hope these quotes inspire you to buy Doubt.......
1)"I do not want the truth. I am not interested in the truth. The
truth is not important. I just want to be happy.”
2) I know what I have done is madness. But when love is not madness, it is not love. When the time comes, I will be ready to face God's wrath, his punishment and his hell.”
3)"Why do you hate me so much," I asked his mother, once.
She didn't have any rational answer.
"Not all mothers are meant to love their children,” she explained.
4) "Jebat must not die," he says
"He did not commit any crime. I will not allow Jebat to die. I will save Jebat any cost."
5) It was strange to have my twin brother undressing me.... to
have his lips kissing my lips ... to have his naked body brushing
against mine... to have his hands touching my manhood.
6) I have been married for the past seven years. And in all those
years I have not been faithful to my husband. I had slept with
countless dashing man that had shown any slight interest in me
and the worst thing is, I feel no guilt.
7) Love is not enough to keep my mother happy. My father failed
to understand that. He was utterly shocked when she wanted to end
“Do not leave me…I will change… I will become a better man… I
will change… I will change,” my father kept begging my mother.
Truly, there was nothing to change. There was nothing wrong with
my father. He had been a great father, a great husband and a great lover. He had showered my mother with love, laughter and happiness.
Most women would die to have a man like my father as their
husbands. But my mother was not like most women. She wanted more out of life. Simple happiness is not for everyone.
8)Death is the only thing that could give me the peace I desperately want. Sometimes death is not bad thing. Death is ending of all misery.
9) I was her secret. And I was tired of being one. I wasn't expecting her to shout our love from the roof top of the Twin Towers. But I didn't want her to hide me, either. I could not totally blame her. She has a lot to lose if we display our feelings, openly. Ours is a society that is not comfortable with two women falling in love…with two women lusting for each other.
10) “God had failed me, once,” she said.
“God will not fail me again. He would not let me lose my son. God
is great. God is not that heartless. God is not that cruel. God